Friday, May 15, 2020

Bout of Books - Day 4


This was not a good week for Bout of Books. A friend who's also doing it agrees. Just other stuff popping up, so we've done anything but read for the most part. On Wed, I finished my one book - bringing my total to 3 - and read half of another. SMH. So bad - for me. I stay at home and I read a lot, so I typically do at least 10 books for Bout of Books and that's on the low side.

Bookish Matchmaking - I tend to read all the books others aren't - especially women may age. While many read chick-lit (yuk) and books meant to make you cry (no thanks) I read more "guy books". I'll take guns blazing over sharing feelings any day. And while I read some shorter romantic suspense for the read-a-thons cuz they are quick and easy - I'd really rather not read more romance. Funny, since I'm editing (well I was before BoB week) the 2nd book of my Erotic Romance series. Still, it's different when 1 - I'm writing it and 2 - it's got naughty fun delicious sex in it! :)

So, I dunno that you all can help me but on the off chance you can - I'm always looking for:

  • Authors like Matthew Reilly (Jeremy Robinson is the closest I've found)
  • Survival of a Deadly Game (a la Hunger Games, 24/7, New Years Island)
  • LitRPG (Aleron is the king for me, I love Richter and the Land)
  • Books surrounding games/puzzles/clues - 39 Clues, Cragbridge Hall series, York series)
  • Stranded on deserted Island (a la Nil, Seed, Vanquished)
  • Virtual Reality books (not litRPG) a la Ready Player One & Erebos
  • Time Travel in which they TRAVEL more than once! If they only GO back (or forward) in time and stay there, it's not Time Travel, it's historical (or futuristic). Time Travel has to include the back and forth into time, for me, otherwise it's not my cup of tea. A la St Mary's series, 11/22/63, Secret Runners of New York, ect... before you recommend time travel, check out my day 3 re-cap since I listed my favorites there - though I've read plenty more.


Day 1 Re-Cap
Day 2 Re-Cap
Day 3 Re-Cap



Wednesday

Night Time Audio listening time/pages: -----
Day Time Audio listening time/pages: 2 hr 10 min / 172 pgs
Kindle reading time / pages: -----
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 3
Current Book: Uncharted
Pages Read Today: 172
Total Pages Read: 786
Time Read Today: 2 hours 10 minutes
Total Time Read: 11 hours 40 minutes
Today's Completed Books:






My Books
Natural Exposure on Amazon
Natural Exposure on Smashwords - on $$SALE$$ for $2.40
Natural Exposure on Goodreads

A Bijou Beginning on Wattpad - FREE short story
A Bijou Beginning on Goodreads

A Discovery of BDSM on Amazon
A Discovery of BDSM on Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment