Thursday, May 28, 2020

Behind the Writer #4: Fillers



Who else has a filler issue when writing? If you don't, what do you find are your difficult spots when writing?

When I first started writing a little over a year ago - I wrote in passive - not knowing better. As I wrote, I was learning so my first re-writes of book 1 was getting rid of my passive voice. After I got rid of that, I discovered that I was using starting -ing sentences, so another re-write, getting rid of those. As I learned I did more edits until I was finally satisfied with Book 1.

For me, I'm still bad with fillers - and now that I'm better at writing overall, fillers still are the last thing I'm using. I can't seem to write without them, though I do have much less (thankfully). My big filler words I use too much are -

  • Just
  • A Bit / A Little
  • Though

What are your big fillers?

Since I'm talking to myself, I'm probably going to stop doing these daily blog posts at the end of the month. I thought they'd help with exposure but so far, that hasn't happened. So since I'm just taking to myself (and two or three of you - thank you, I do appreciate you coming by) I'll probably go back to once a week for a while. We'll see.





My Books
Natural Exposure on Amazon
Natural Exposure on Smashwords - on $$SALE$$ for $2.40
Natural Exposure on Goodreads

A Bijou Beginning on Wattpad - FREE short story
A Bijou Beginning on Goodreads

A Discovery of BDSM on Amazon
A Discovery of BDSM on Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment