Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Book Recommendations #3: Mystery



Previous Recommendation Posts
Book Recommendations #1: Erotica / Erotic Romance
Book Recommendations #2: Science Fiction


Mystery

I grew up reading mystery - specifically the Trixie Belden series. Anyone else read those? I know, it shows my age, even though most of those are older than I am.

I actually lived a very sheltered life in the hands of my ultra conservative birthmonster, so while a reader, I wasn't exposed to the books most people were who were my age because I wasn't allowed to read anything with even questionable content. Grrr.

But my start (as far as I remember) with Trixie made me love Mysteries and that's all I read through most of my young adult life, with some Star Trek thrown in once I started watching it. It wasn't until 2011 that I really branched out and started reading more than just mystery, romantic suspense and the occasional Science Fiction.

It's only been recently that I've realized my favorite genre is probably Science Fiction, in contrast to when it had been mystery for so long. I still enjoy a good mystery these days, but since too many of them are predictable, I just don't enjoy them a lot. If I can figure out whodunnit, and pretty early on, then it doesn't hold my attention as it once did. Still, there are plenty of good mysteries out there. Here are some I recommend:


  • A Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
  • Whodunnit duology by Anthony E Zuiker
  • In Death series by J.D. Robb
  • Blue Smoke / The Witness / The Collection by Nora Roberts
  • Robert Hunter series by Chris Carter
  • The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchinson
  • Smokey Barrett series by Cody McFayden
  • And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie


Do you have any Mystery recs?


Come back in two weeks for my Urban Fantasy Recommendations!




My Books
Natural Exposure on Amazon - on $$SALE$$ for $2.99
Natural Exposure on Smashwords - on $$SALE$$ for $2.40
Natural Exposure on Goodreads

A Bijou Beginning on Wattpad - FREE short story
A Bijou Beginning on Goodreads

A Discovery of BDSM on Amazon - FREE FREE FREE
A Discovery of BDSM on Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment