Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Book Recommendations #1: Erotica / Erotic Romance



If you've looked at any of my posts, it shouldn't be a surprise to you that I READ Erotica / Erotic Romance, since I write it. I've been reading Erotica (different forms, but I'll leave it at that for ease sake) for about 11 years now. Why not before then? Too long of a story to get into.

It was... summer of 2011 that I read my first BDSM book, and fell in love with D/s. After researching a few things, and reading more, I approached the subject with my Husband, and we haven't looked back. A lot myself is in my character, Kenzie, and a lot of my Husband in hers, Jarrett.

The first book I read with BDSM was Sweet Surrender by Maya Banks. I quickly soaked up the series, before discovering Cherise Sinclair, the QUEEN of BDSM.

I will say that I liked Maya for a long while, reading nearly everything she wrote, up to one particular book. In that one, she decided to go the way of "50 Shades of Crap" making the book ABUSIVE instead of BDSM. Within it, the male MC left the female MC ALONE at a Dungeon to take a damn phone call, and she was nearly raped. *Deep Breath* Since then, I won't touch Maya Banks, that was NOT acceptable to me, and that she forgave him? Oh, hell no. I have very strong feelings on this. So, it's with much hesitancy that I recommend Maya at all. Her Sweet series is good as was her early books, through 2016-ish.


So who DO I like, and what books DO I recommend? So glad you asked. I don't tend to read the books everyone else does. The big names with exceptions, I don't gravitate towards them because I don't like following the pack. I like discovering not as well known books. Probably much of my lists you'll be like, who? But trust me, and try them out, especially if you haven't heard of them!

***NOTE: I only read certain types of BDSM books***

Later on perhaps I'll get onto my tirade of Proper BDSM versus crap that plays at BDSM, but that's not for today. Today is for recommendations, so here are mine in no particular order (except the first four):


  • Shadowlands series by Cherise Sinclair
  • Everything Cherise Sinclair
  • The Reluctant Dom by Tymber Dalton
  • Club El Diablo series by Holly S Roberts
  • First 3 books of the Rescue Me series by Kallypso Masters
  • The Receptionist series by Juniper Bell
  • Jane Porter series by Dominique Adair
  • Desire Oklahoma series by Leah Brooke
  • Graceful Submission by Melinda Barron
  • Take the Rainbow by Elizabeth Myrrh
  • The Baumgartners Plus One & The Sybian Club by Selina Kitt
  • His and Hers and Hers by Nona Raines


While not any specific favorites, here are random other authors I've enjoy who write erotica:

  • Lora Leigh
  • Jennifer Probst
  • Trista Ann Michaels
  • Evangeline Anderson
  • Abby Gordon
  • Belle Andre
  • Elle Kennedy
  • Mari Carr
  • Lora Leigh
  • Opel Carew


Do you have any erotic / erotic romance recs?


My Books
Natural Exposure on Amazon
Natural Exposure on Smashwords - on $$SALE$$ for $2.40
Natural Exposure on Goodreads

A Bijou Beginning on Wattpad - FREE short story
A Bijou Beginning on Goodreads

A Discovery of BDSM on Amazon
A Discovery of BDSM on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment