Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Disney Tips, Trivia & Tidbits



Disney!

Like you, I'm a fan. Unlike many of you, I grew up with WDW in my back yard.

Living near the theme parks is something only understood by other people who live in touristy towns. People in Vegas don't live life the same way as someone say in backasswards mountains of NC, and I can use that as an example, since that's where I live now. Likewise, people outside the parks just don't grasp what it means to be there, ALL THE TIME.

Most people save a LOOONG time for one or two ever trips to the parks. It's a magical time, one some have waited lifetimes for.

I didn't realize until I was older how lucky I was.

I moved to Central Florida just a month after my 13th birthday and while we didn't have much, we always had Disney annual passes. Back then, the prices aren't what they are today. After the initial cost, it was cheap for my childhood - run through a drive-thru, go to the parks for a few hours, and head home. It took gas money, and being about 25 miles away, it wasn't much.

At the front of the parks there are/were the ones who'd stop you and ask questions about your visit. I always bypassed them but when I couldn't they'd ask 'how many times have you visited the park' and my answer was always the same, just like Haunted Mansion - 999. The reason? That was the highest number they could enter.

I've since moved out of the state and the only THING I miss about FL are the parks. I had annual passes from 1990 - 2006, worked there around 1998, and was married to a cast member for 7 years. I was ALWAYS there.

We would have had them a couple years after that but prices got high, and hard times happened. I sadly, don't remember when the last time I was at Disney was, though the last time we were in Universal was fall 2011. We moved to NC May 2012.

Enough rambling already. Geesh!

What is Disney Tips, Trivia & Tidbits? Whatever I, and you, want it to be. What have YOU always wanted to know about Disney? I'm most familiar with WDW, but I have been to Disneyland and California Adventures, although it's been many years. We visited 4 or 5 times.

So, my Disney days will just be any bit of information that pops into my head, and if any of you want to hit me up on TWitter, email, or leave a comment here, I'll be glad to answer questions.


Disney Trivia #1

Since I already mentioned Haunted Mansion, did you know the Hitchhiking Ghosts have names? They are Ezra, Gus, and Phineas. The Portrait Gallery is one of my favorite places in the attraction and when I went to Disneyland the first time, I was delighted to finally experience their elevator. At Disneyland and Disneyland Paris, you actually go down, where as in Magic Kingdom, you don't move, the walls rise up.


Too mundane of trivia for you? What do you want to know next?

Did you notice the "Hidden Mickey" in the banner above?


A Discovery of BDSM released TODAY 4/22/20!!
Live now on Amazon and free on KU!






My Books
Natural Exposure on Amazon
Natural Exposure on Smashwords - on $$SALE$$ for $2.40
Natural Exposure on Goodreads

A Bijou Beginning on Wattpad - FREE short story
A Bijou Beginning on Goodreads

A Discovery of BDSM on Amazon
A Discovery of BDSM on Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment