Monday, April 20, 2020

Bijou Bugle Issue #1 - Location of Bijou Basin




Welcome to the Bijou Bugle, your one stop shop of all things relating to the town and characters of Bijou Basin.

If you're new here, explanations are necessary. You can find those here:
How Natural Exposure came to be
An intro to Bijou Basin (the fictional town in Natural Exposure)

Now that you're caught up. Today's Bijou Bugle subject:
Location, location, location!

The fictional town of Bijou Basin is approximately 30 miles west of the Magic Kingdom. The town is surrounded on three sides by a real Nature Preserve. When creating the fictional town, once I decided to have it in Florida to utilize WDW within my stories, I tried to find a place that would be close enough to the parks but yet far enough to be remote. Even now, though it's built up over the years, Lake County is much more open land than populated, like it's surrounding counterparts. The stretch along which Bijou Basin resides still have very few homes (if you look on Google Maps you'll see a few). The little notch in the Green Swamp Wilderness Preserve gave me my perfect locations and left the town with one point in and out of it increasing it's hidden nature.

Would Bijou Basin, as it is with it's bylaws and way it's run, be an actual town? Probably not. It does function more like a Gated Community, so just imagine it that way when you think about it, and don't wonder too much. Let me have my creative licenses!!

I love maps. You'll see many maps, drawings (sorry in advance, I'm NOT an artist), and floorplans in the upcoming Bijou Bugles. Here are your first.



Shows the town's location in regards to WDW



Shows the town's acreage
Just over 6000 acres, or approximately 9.5 square miles



Stay tuned for more Bijou Bugles that focus on the people, places, and things of Natural Exposure. Along with those I'll be posting daily a variety of things, including book recommendations, Disney Trivia, my writing process, looks into the items I make with Photoshop and much more. Feel free to hit the subscribe buttons to the right to subscribe via email or RSS if you'd like to keep up to date.

Would you prefer a newsletter to a blog post? I haven't decided if I'll go that route - for privacy reasons. But if many of you prefer it, leave me a comment so I can work on that!


My Books
Natural Exposure on Amazon
Natural Exposure on Smashwords - on $$SALE$$ for $2.40
Natural Exposure on Goodreads

A Bijou Beginning on Wattpad - FREE short story
A Bijou Beginning on Goodreads

A Discovery of BDSM on Amazon
A Discovery of BDSM on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment