Thursday, August 15, 2019

First round of Edits - Complete!

Today, I completed edits on the first draft of Natural Exposure. I can't believe it!

I tried not to over edit myself, which I think I can easily do if I'm not careful. I tried to find the balance between the right amount of edits. I like how it's looking, if I do say so myself. Only two people have read it, but they both loved it. Of course, I'd like opinions from others, than the two of them, since I'm closest to them. I don't think they are just saying they like it and they really do, but I can't help but think they might be a little biased as my Husband and one of my closest female friends. :)

I've found it hard to find readers for my book, I think because it's an erotic romance? I know there are erotic romance readers out there, so I'm not sure why it's been so hard to find people to read it, but I'll keep searching.

In the meantime, I'm taking next week off for Bout of Books - any one else joining in? What books are you going to read? Do you plan or are you like me, a Flybyer? :) I'm looking forward to some reading time. I still get in reading every night, as I fall asleep listening to an audiobook) but otherwise, my reading hasn't been so great this year. I'm ahead on my reading challenge, but still. For me, it's a low-ish year.

That's what's happening here. Here's my working blurb (subject to change) in case any of you lovely people would like to beta read it for me, or critique it. I'm looking for either. Please. Someone! Anyone! Just click on my email above and let me know if you'd like to read it!


Seeking to escape her past and establish a new life for herself, Ripley Owens lands in Bijou Basin. In the quaint progressive town, Ripley endeavors to find solace, eager to discover herself once more. An advertisement for a boudoir photographer catches her eye, and she books a session, hoping to reclaim her identity.

When a shy goddess enters her studio, Kenzie Holliday is instantly intrigued. After an evening of photos turns flirty and sexual, Kenzie finds herself reluctant to let the beauty go. She asks to see Ripley again, surprised and delighted when she agrees.

Ripley likes Kenzie but doubts plague her. Kenzie is polyamorous and married, something Ripley has never experienced. New possibilities open up before her, both intriguing and scaring her. Does she want to date someone so complicated? How could she ever matter, if the person she dates already has their soulmate?




No comments:

Post a Comment