Thursday, August 5, 2021

Random Ramblings about Theme Park Experience


*|MC:SUBJECT|*
View this email in your browser
Bijou Bugle

Welcome to the Bijou Bugle Newsletter!

So glad you've subscribed.

July was quite the month, and not in the good way. Glad it's behind us, though August isn't a great month for us either, so...

But it's back to my books for me.  I'm so behind where I had wanted to be, and while I'm satisfied with my Summer/Winter giveaway at Smashwords, I'd like to have another book out there.  Here's hoping I get into a groove and soon. I'd LIKE (cross fingers) Book 3 to be done before Nov NaNo so I can do a new project, but we'll see. I never push myself.

Did you grab one of my books during the Smashwords sale?  If so, THANK YOU so much.  I hope you'll enjoy it!

If you read any of my books, I would be grateful for some reviews as they have stalled out a bit for me. Reviews are everything for an author, even if it's simply a star rating.

 
Reading - 
  • The Block by Ben Oliver
Recently completed -
  • The Loop by Ben Oliver (re-read)
Watching - 
  • Washington Nationals baseball
  • Arrowverse (S6 Flash, S5 Supergirl, S5 Legends, S1 Batwoman)
  • American Ninja Warrior
  • Olympics (Anything in the water plus some others)
Playing -
  • Warzone - all Warzone all the time
  • Fortnite "Save the World" Campaign
Knowledge behind parts of my series.

In my Bijou Basin series, two themes weave throughout all the books - Photography, and Theme Parks. I thought I'd take the time to talk about these themes and my personal experience with both.

While many writers research much of what they write, many more "write what you know". The later one is true of me - I've written what I know and have experience in both photography and theme parks. See my previous newsletter - - for my experience with Photography.

Theme Parks (specifically in Central Florida)

I wasn't born in FL, but moved there in my early teens. From the first year there, we had Annual Passholder Tickets to Disney.

It's hard to explain, to anyone not around the theme park industry, what the life is like. It's not typical. When I was in my pre-teens and lived elsewhere, it was a big deal to go to the mall to hang out with friends. Like a big big deal - the mall was an hour away. It was a treat.

Then I moved to FL, and WDW was my backyard.

With annual tickets, we could go daily, and while we didn't always do that, we went, a LOT. Have you ever gone to a WDW park and they had the greeters in the front, ask how many times you've visited?  By the time the 2000s rolled around, I just told them to put 999 - the highest number they could.  I never counted, of course, but I had annual passes, and/or worked there / had a spouse working there for 16+ years.  It was only in the last few years we lived there, that we didn't have the funds to go to Disney anymore, and while we're no longer in FL, the theme parks are the only thing about the state that we miss.

In addition to annual passes, I also often got to visit Sea World and Universal Orlando.  I briefly worked for all three companies as well, in attractions, which I loved. Each of the parks were different as an employee/cast member and I could share loads of stories, but I'll spare you the details.

I love and miss the parks, but I'm able to reexperience them within my books.  If you haven't read them, in Book 1, Natural Exposure, Kenzie and Jarrett take Ripley to Hollywood Studios. For Book 2, Negative Exposure, Kenzie takes Ripley to the Magic Kingdom. In the upcoming Book 3, Elemental Exposure, Kenzie, Jarrett, and Ripley visit Universal for a very special event.  Where would you want to see them head in Book 4, if the choices were Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Sea World, or Islands of Adventure?
 
Pink Zebra products through my good friend Kim
Need scents for your home? Help out my friend Kim's new endevor and try out Pink Zebra today!
I'm looking for Beta readers who would like to be the first to read Book 3 of my Bijou Basin series - Elemental Exposure. If you haven't read them, I'd send you the first two books free of charge then get the first half of EleEx to you whenever you'd like. 

If you'd like to review my books (on Amazon and/or Goodreads, along with any other retailer or book site) then please contact me at KorianaBrackson@gmail.com with the subject title "Review" for a free copy of my first book, Natural Exposure.
My books are now sold at most major retailers!

Natural Exposure 
 
A Discovery of BDSM 

Negative Exposure
 
An Exploration of BDSM
A Discovery of BDSM by Koriana Brackson
An Exploration of BDSM by Koriana Brackson
Now on Sale - 50% off. With blank months, use any time of the year, or for your novels!

An Erotic Writer’s Planner for the Erotic Writer by an Erotic Writer.

Designed for writers, this planner has the staples of a normal planner, such as habit trackers, yearly and monthly goals, two-page calendar spreads and more.

For the writer, it contains pages for tracking Beta and ARC readers, project planning, word counts and more.

And to appeal to the visual minded, the planner features nude photos and drawings. Like your own erotic works, this planner is not safe for work.

**Female Edition** --- Note: This planner features nude images of females, both drawn and photos. No discernible faces with breasts and buttocks shown.
Copyright © *|CURRENT_YEAR|* *|LIST:COMPANY|*, All rights reserved.
*|IFNOT:ARCHIVE_PAGE|* *|LIST:DESCRIPTION|*

Our mailing address is:
*|HTML:LIST_ADDRESS_HTML|* *|END:IF|*

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

*|IF:REWARDS|* *|HTML:REWARDS|* *|END:IF|*




My Books



Natural Exposure on Amazon
Natural Exposure on Smashwords
Natural Exposure on Goodreads

Negative Exposure on Amazon
Negative Exposure on Smashwords
Negative Exposure on Goodreads

A Discovery of BDSM on Amazon
A Discovery of BDSM on Smashwords
A Discovery of BDSM on Goodreads

An Exploration of BDSM on Amazon
An Exploration of BDSM on Smashwords
An Exploration of BDSM on Goodreads


A Bijou Basin on StoryOrigin - FREE for StoryOrigins members (signup is free)

The Erotic Writer's Planner

No comments:

Post a Comment