Tuesday, October 29, 2019

State of my Blog



It was a quiet few months for me, here at the blog. My best of intentions to post at least weekly crashed and burned in September. This was mainly due to wanting to finish Book 2 of my series, prior to NaNoWriMo. Book 2 is around 80-85% done, perhaps more, just needs a few things to tie it together and the first draft will be complete.

So, how did it go?

Well, let me tell you this. I am NOT a Planner. Nope. Can't do it. If I plan - then it falls flat on its face. I'm like this in all things - I can't plan a book to read more than a day or two in advance. I can't plan a meal more than a day in advance - usually right before we eat unless it's rent week and we're low on food. I can't plan what I'll write - I completely pants both Book 1 and Book 2 of my series.

So, what does this tell you?

Correct - I did not finish Book 2 as I planned. :) Instead, I ended up re-writing the first 4 Chapters of Book 1 into a brand new beginning. Original Chapters 1 - 3 are now new Chapters 1-6. I've been editing said chapters and need to go through the book and edit some others to reflect the new beginning. I've edited the first 6 chapters so far - so the new and revamped ones - next are the changes throughout the book - hopefully there aren't too many.


So, how does the State of the Blog come into all that?

I dunno! What are you asking me for? Oh, my blog? Oh yeah. :) The point is that I plan to get back into things - hopefully building up a social media presence. Though I post on Twitter, and some of you came here through it - I actually hate Twitter - the length of this blog post should tell you why. My rambles will be here.

I plan to blog my NaNoWriMo process daily here, as well as post other tidbits about me, my books, writing or reading in general, or anything that strikes my fancy.

What would you like to see / read first?


No comments:

Post a Comment